SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) is an independent game development studio based in Taiwan. Established in 2013, things began when co-founders Brian Lee and Scott Chen met during their time studying at Carnegie Mellon University in 2011. Throughout the course they worked on a number of prototypes, including 'Last Signal', a game that utilizes the Xbox Kinect's functionality. The title would eventually be acquired by Microsoft and become the studio’s namesake.
After releasing Castle Rider in late 2013 to moderate success, the studio began work on Hyper Square in 2014, which was released in April and would go on to win numerous awards. Throughout the second half of 2014, the studio worked on their third title, Earthworm Alchemy, which was released in early 2015.
In 2015, the studio decided to break away from fast-paced action and explore the medium further. We set out to create something that evoked a sense of wonder and warmth, and the result was OPUS: The Day We Found Earth. Since launch, OPUS' unconventional storytelling and gameplay has received highly positive and emotional response from players, and numerous awards and recognitions.
In mid 2016, after the positive response we've received from OPUS, SIGONO began work on their newest project - OPUS: Rocket of Whispers. The new title aims to be a spiritual successor to the original OPUS, and will be set in the same world. Our goal is to make games that move and inspire, and we invite those who share this interest to join us.
Awards & Recognitions
2017 - IMGA SEA - Excellence in Storytelling
2017 - TpGS Indie Game Award - Best Narration
2016 - Indieplay - Best Mobile Game
2016 - Indieplay - Excellence In Audio Nomination
2016 - IMGA - Best Meaningful Play Nomination
2016 - Google Editors' Choice
2015 - Haogamers Best of Asian Indie Games 2015 - Most Original
2015 - Apple Best Game You've Never Played
2015 - Apple Best Of October
2015 - Apple Top 10 Most Challenging game
2014 - Apple Best Of May
2014 - Starbucks Pick up of the week
2014 - Unity 2D Game Showcase
2014 - Quality Index Finest Game Publisher
2014 - Casual Connect Asia Critic Choice Award Winner
2014 - Pocket Gamer Top 10 Great Mobile Game at CCSF
OPUS: Rocket of Whispers
OPUS: Rocket of Whispers is a single-player third-person adventure set in the snowy post-apocalyptic wilderness of an unknown world, far in the future. Players will play as the last survivors of a nation that has an ancient tradition of cosmic worship, and belief that by launching space burials, those who've departed will be able to return and rest among the stars. Throughout the game players will travel the snow covered landscape, scavenging for rocket parts and remnants of the past, so they may help the last surviving witch - religious figures who conduct the rituals of space burials - to launch one final burial. The game explores themes of purpose, pursuit and loneliness.
In an age of cosmic worship, far in the future, those who pass away are launched into deep space so they may return to the stars. OPUS: Rocket of Whispers takes place after an apocalyptic plague, where two survivors are left to mourn. With little left but some hope for closure, and promises to put the lost souls to rest, they set out to launch one final space burial.
- Fulfill the final wishes of the dead, and return them to their cosmic. homeland. Explore and uncover the deep buried truth behind space burials.
- Travel through a post-apocalyptic winter filled with ruins and remnants of a once prosperous land. Explore the unknown for antiques and artifacts, and find out about their past.
- Guide a man on an enthralling adventure through the snowy wilderness. Overcome incidents and encounters as you scavenge for rocket parts to help the young witch launch the space burial.
- An emotionally-driven and heartwarming adventure written by IMGA nominated writer of OPUS: The Day We Found Earth. Explore an atmospheric world full of mysteries and rich narration.
- Over 100 items to explore and collect, each with their own story and meticulously designed, including rocket material backed by careful research on rocket science.
- Over 70 beautiful original soundtracks composed and recorded by indiePlay nominated composer Triodust.
- Beautiful atmospheric soundscapes designed to immerse you in the snowy wilderness.
- For those who haven’t enjoyed a good story on a quiet night in a long time.